Sabado, Disyembre 6, 2014

Graduation Day: A look back

December 5, 2014 marks a part of my life. The day that I got my masters degree. Never mind which course, I have graduated. Its not really the topic nor the subject. But looking back after two and half years of education on the degree. What did I really learn?

We enroll on Master's course having some years of work experience already. Let's face it our aim when we enroll on this degree is to have higher position on work and it adds some impression on our resume. But honestly, what does one really get out of Master's? If you enroll a course different from your undergrad course then you learn a whole new set of theories and ideas. But if just continuing the same course and already working. Its only the practical application and you get to apply all the learning on the job.

The teachers well like all institutions, There are good, there are those that are invisible, there are those that have substance, and some just are there.. Simply put think of the usuals, the Bidas, contra bidas, and the never mind extras,

SO what really did I learn on those past years? Its the people.. The classmates and the people whom you get to interact with. All walks of life. People working from different sectors. Those are somethings that  i learned. How they share their ideas, their experience, their outlook and philosophy. What's the big deal you say?  We also have that moments at work. Well at work you get to have the same length at almost one time or another since you're working on the same industry. Tendency is ideas are getting agreed on but with no new perspective. unlike people from other sectors, Then they  may have a different ideas or more indepth knowledge on the discussion.

Now for me that's what made it all worthwhile and improved my outlook, People who are in masters provided broader horizon for me not only in the academe but in the work opportunities as well. In master's you only get to know people on one subject or two then on the next sem. there are whole new set of faces you get to interact with very similar to work one month you have a new colleague the next month it maybe another. But the best part of this is you never lose communication. Thanks to technology (facebook) we get to keep in touch. a form of bond has been built. In the times you get to help each other and just talk.



That what I learned on this part of my journey in Education. I'd like to thank some people who are always there.

I thank you to all whom has supported me, Nagging me to get my Masters degree for the past eight years and is so happy right now. People who listened to my presentation at class. People who are my accomplices in our projects and all in all people. Those whom i had a chance to work with, Talked and simply encountered during my academe years.

What i will not truly forget during the years are the people and the  great times I had that makes me feel like I was back in college days.. and I have to admit I'm not young anymore hahaha

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento